Basic Mold Cleanup
Best thing to do is call SERVPRO of East Honolulu 808-395-9545, a professional in mold remediation.
The key to mold control is moisture control.
- It is important to dry water damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- If mold is a problem in your home, clean up the mold and get rid of the excess water or moisture.
- Scrub mold off hard surfaces with detergent and water, and dry completely.
- Fix leaky plumbing or other sources of water.
- Wash mold off hard surfaces with detergent and water, and dry completely. Absorbent materials (such as ceiling tiles & carpet) that become moldy may have to be replaced.
- Do not paint or caulk moldy surfaces. Clean up the mold and dry the surfaces before painting. Paint applied over moldy surfaces is likely to peel.