Water Damage from CONTAMINATED WATER
What to do when you have Water Damage from Contaminated Water:
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
What NOT to do when you have Water Damage from Contaminated Water:
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contamination.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Note: If exposed to harmful waste, OHSA recommends a post-exposure medical evaluation. Consult your local health department or physiciann.